Friday, March 6, 2009

The Watchmen

First off for some reason I was in a panic to make sure I was going to get my ticket and have a good seat since I knew it would be a packed house at 11:15am. It actually wasn't so I rushed myself driving down to the theater, eating an early lunch and also I was getting paid for all of this..In a nutshell I support developmentally disable people and support them in work and in the community. Anyhow we got to the theater and some idiot thought it would be great to bring there newborn to the theater which seriously WHY WHY WHY??? would you ruin the film for everyone else, can't find a babysitter? then stay home!! and to make it even worse some old man was snoring soo loud and one of my clients couldn't stop laughing...

How was the movie you say? Well it started of fairly well with a great fight scene with the Comedian character played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan who resembles alot like Javier Bardem. There were some scenes I felt that didn't fit the film such as the sex scenes and um Dr. M's penis showing on and off throughout the film..I was a bit uncomfortable because I was with my clients and one of them had to just look away. From my understand these scenes were true to the comic book but it was a first for me to see scenes like these placed in a comic flick. I do admit I have never read the Watchem but am having second thoughts about reading the comic book.
Also the music for the film didn't do it justice. Since the film was based more in the 80's area there were some chart topping tunes placed in almost every scene that didn't fit certain scenes. One more dislike, the special f/x makeup done for Nixon's character was overly done and when I say overly done I'm talking about his nose being too big for his face. It just didn't work.

What I did like about the film was the plot, cinematography and death scenes which is what made the movie for me. I was in awww of how great each fight scene and death scene was. I highly recomend this film but not for the kiddies. There's a reason for it being rated R.


P.S I FUCKING LOVE HOW THE SMASHING PUMPKINS MUSIC IS IN THE TRAILER WHICH IS TITTLED THE BEGINNING IS THE END

1 comment: